Sunday, October 2, 2016

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children seems to have been taken straight out of my mind

When I watched  Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children movie today all I could think was...
1. Didn't I have a dream about this/these scenarios before?
2. Did I write this book and someone stole the manuscript?
3. When I was a child my brother and I got lost exploring once-probably more than once honestly...
4. Didn't I discover a church too when I was a child? Or was it my brother?
5. Didn't I scare everyone once when they wonder where the heck I had been all day? Or was it my brother?
6. Did I find my brother alone by the church once or did he find me or did I run back and tell everyone I had time-traveled to a different section or time?
7. I remember running back home and being like MOM-DAD!! I met these amazing people blah blah blah
8. I have a crazy, vivid, powerful imagination.
9. This is the power of ________.
 10. Was I in a coma and did someone build  me a mental arena where I explored places and had to make decisions that impacted the world when I snapped out of it? 
11. in the dream-world I got tired of saving the world once and I decided to run back to Emma to live with her forever.
12. My brother or me befriended dead kids or spirits. 
13. Nature can hear my thoughts.
14. Loops. I've used that term before....Gotta find all the loops to find the best timeline!
15. This movie is just  bunch of my dreams stitched together...Minus the bad people and the eating eyes thing.


Idk. I was too distracted by how creepy and realistic the movie was to my childhood isolation daydreams that I couldn't enjoy it fully. It was a good movie. I love how the main character is humanly creeped out by some of the children at first, and how he pushes past this fact to get to know them and befriend them. I love how human that is. It's not easy being open minded sometimes but what if you had a mouth in the back of your head and had never encountered another boy your age? How would you feel if you knew you were different but all you wanted was a friend anyways?
The boys and girls deserve respect. They are humans too and I am glad the protagonist of the story overcomes prejudice and the conventional feeling of wanting to surround himself only with normal people in order to make new stranger friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment